The veteran association of the former 260th Infantry Division was founded shortly after the II. World War ended. It’s primary aim was to support fellow soldiers and comrades, that needed help after returning from war or captivity as a prisoner of war. The first official meeting was held on 13th / 14th October 1956 in Ludwigsburg, the Divisions former garrison.
After the original mission was fulfilled and the „Iron Curtain“ became more penetrable, they conducted a number of journeys to the former battlefields in Russia handing over donations to schools, orphanages and other people in need. Until today, 12 transports (4 railway cars and 8 trucks) were delivered.
The association dissolved in August 2012 due to the fact that the majority of the men are above 90 years old and travelling became very diffcult.